Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Term Research Project

For my term research project, I decided to talk about the role of new media in the process of self-promotion. In the beginning of my presentation I gave a quick definition of the term self-promotion, which is simply the promotion of oneself. I also mentioned the traditional ways people usually promoted themselves without new media as a tool. I then introduced the definition of new marketing, which mainly involves the use of the Internet. I spoke about various reasons why online self-promotion has become more popular among musicians, actors, writers, etc. My presentation also included more specific information on these groups of people, like where they promote themselves, how they do it, why they do it online, and which tools they use for self-promotion. I was also able to include information about a website dedicated to tricks and tips for self-promotion. Lastly, I wrapped up my research project with a quick comparison of off-line and online self-promotion. 

No comments: